A free linked Savings Pocket helps you to save. Link your Savings Pocket to your account to keep your savings separate from your transactional account. You will also earn with a competitive interest rate.
- No fees are charged on the Savings Pocket
- You will earn interest on a positive balance in your linked Savings Pocket
- Savings Pocket statements are sent out quarterly through email or post
- You need to have an existing Smart, Gold, Encore, or Platinum Cheque Account to qualify for this benefit
- Only one Savings Pocket is available per account
- The only transactions available on your Savings Pocket are transfers to and from your Cheque Account
How it works
When you make a purchase in-store with your FNB Visa Cheque Card, the purchase amount is rounded up to the nearest Rand. This rounded-up amount is then transferred into your linked Savings Pocket FREE of charge.
If you want to save more, you can choose a 'top up' amount of R2, R5, R10, R20 or R50 which will be added to the cents that are saved per purchase and deposited in your linked Savings Pocket.